Friday 29 May 2015

Looking for Alaska

Title
Looking for Alaska

Author
John Green

Book Format
Overdrave, Library, Ebook

My Rating
4.9/5







Summary - (old summary from my old blog)
This book is literally AMAZING! I like Mr Green's books because his books shows us the real world... Anyway, this book is about a boy who goes to boarding school and end up meeting this super hot girl named Alaska. It's a great book if you don't mind swear words, detailed description on kissing etc etc. So the 'hero'  (whose name is Pudge which is what his friends calls him, his real name is Miles... you get the point) he has feelings for Alaska. Okay you're probably wondering what is Alaska's personality, probably not but I'm gonna tell you anyways. Alaska is a really energize slash bubbly kind of person, but inside she blames herself for something that happened to her mother. I love this book so much so I recommend this book and you guys better read it.

SPOILER ALERT
(Warning Do NOT read this if you don't want to know what happens at the end I REPEAT Do Not read this)

Soo the book is about Pudge moving on from Alaska's death, yes , Alaska dies. Alaska got into a car accident while driving to her mum's grave. (I'll continue the spoiler later, thx for reading this). - Mimi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah that was the old Mimi. Should I give you guys a book challenge every week? - the present mimi

(Sorry I haven't posted anything, I'm going to the Library tomorrow and I'm currently reading The Selection #3 (The One) review on that coming soon )


10 comments:

  1. I loved this book so much, some younger people may have read the fault in our stars which was a great book by John green. That book was good for younger audiences, this book however I do not recommend for children below the age of 14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree with you, I haven't read the fault in our stars though because I watch the movies and I'm the type of person who won't read a book when I already know the ending (if that made sense??)

      Delete
    2. You should read the Fault in our Stars, I get what you mean but the writing of it is so good I thought the book was much more powerful! :) ... Even if its being quoted everywhere now!

      Delete
  2. Your Blog is very original and I like it a lot. I'm glad I found you :) You offer interesting opinions on popular and excellent books. I appreciate every comment you make on each book, and you have clearly thought through each one greatly. I enjoy readin, and will continue to do so. Good luck with your future blogging journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not actually that much a big fan of John Green's writing... mostly because it just didn't work for me. I do like the characters in this book and they all have unique quirks about them. But sadly I found the ending predictable... I knew what was going to happen to Alaska before it did, and well, that took away the plot twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`ve thought about reading it for a loong time, and I think that I will after reading your review. I love John Green`s way to write books on, and I think that he shows us reality and writes books that make you think a lot.

    I`d love a comment back - http://fashiionbythea.blogspot.no <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved this book so much, i loved the way in which it felt oddly relatable yet not so. i love the character of alaska and i love pudge and the colonel. i love your blog, it helps me to decide what to read next, i love the way that you give a clear synopsis of the story but without giving too much away! i'm not using this as a promo or anything but it would really mean a lot if you could check out my blog (: from one fellow blogger to another! http://thatslifebydanielle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so feel free to express your opinion. I always comment back.